Hanley

Hanley was built as a horse drawn boat for Fellows, Morton and Clayton, and was subsequently converted by W.J.Yarwood and Sons Ltd of Northwich to a motor boat in 1935 for the same firm.

Hanley is now in the ownership of Ian Braine, and he has carried coal with Hanley on our behalf just once, which was a trip down the Severn in 2001.

Scan 141440081-1

This picture shows John unloading coal from Hanley at Gibralter, Kinver. Roach is tied behind. A closer look will reveal Tryphina tied on the towing path - this is “Railway” Alan Bowyers’ vessel.

coalboat@waitrose.com © John Jackson 2014